Mocha fudge with salted caramel
I love mocha and I love salted caramel, the two work very well together, but whats even better is a rich chocolatey mocha fudge with a slight drizzle of salted caramel. Seriously this is so good and super easy to make.
The fudge recipe is very easy to make and requires a minimum amount of effort. The only thing that does take a little time and effort is the salted caramel, but it is totally worth it, I used Nigella's salted caramel recipe which turned out great. You can just skip the salted caramel as the fudge tastes good without it, but I do highly recommend using it, as it transfers the fudge from a sweet treat to a delectable dessert.
(Makes around 25 pieces)
For the fudge:
1 396g can of condensed milk
250g of milk chocolate
150g of plain chocolate
50g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
- First dissolve the coffee with half a teaspoon of hot water, let it cool down
- Line a square tin/container with greaseproof paper or foil.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, both the chocolates and condensed milk, stirring occasionally
- Once melted add the coffee and give it a stir
- Quickly transfer the fudge to your square tin/container and start spreading it so it covers the whole tin, then let it cool to room temperature
- While it is cooling down, start making the salted caramel, I used this recipe : http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/salted-caramel-sauce
- Let the caramel cool, then drizzle it on top of the fudge, either using a spoon, fork or a piping bag
- Place the fudge in the fridge for atleast a couple of hours before serving. Cut into little squares when ready to serve.